I was pretty nervous attending the Cebu Blog Camp 2011, as it is my first time and I know no one. But I swore to myself, I’m not going to let my shyness overcome me. I swore to myself to practice conversing with other people, smile my friendliest smile, make friends, plug in my blog and digest properly the information I will be learning on that day.
Here are the Highlights for this Event that makes Cebu Blog Camp 2011 an unforgettable experience for me.
The Speakers of the Events
I’ve learned a lot from these guys and aside from learning from them, I am inspired to take my blogging more seriously. I am inspired to make it big in the blogging industry and become a big influence. (hahaha. ambitious much?)
I made a resolution after the event. Here’s a list of them.
- download Mozilla Firefox 4, The new feature which was the Panorama feature was really cool. It keeps tabs organized. As a student, I can use it to group the tabs for my homeworks and researches and the tabs that manages my blog and social network sites. As a person who’s pretty unorganized, this feature is very helpful.
- register at Piclyf.com. As a photoblogger wannabe, this Facebook+Flickr+Foursquare site that can share pictures easily to other social networks is really convenient.
- Comment at other people’s blog more often. I visit a lot of sites before, but I never leave traces of me. If I want more traffic to my site, I should comment at other people’s blogs, too.
- Join more social network. Aside from facebook, I have an inactive Youtube account that I use for uploading personal videos. I also started Flickr. I have an unmaintained Tumblr and Twitter. So, aside from joining more social networks, I should make it a point to resurrect in Tweeter.
- have a calling card
- get a more distinct blog identity. I blog almost about anything and recently about photography. I think I should establish myself better online by sticking to one niche (perhaps photography?) I don’t have any idea how I exist as a blogger yet. I better find that inner voice in me. 😀
- place watermarks (I do place watermarks but sometimes I’m just too lazy to edit pictures and leave my mark.)
New People and New Blogs to Read
I put on my thick face to approach people to ask for their URLs. I wasn’t able to get a lot of them since I was still a bit shy to approach other people (Shy daw?)
Here are the links I got. I’m going to add them on my blogroll later.
- Jam (co-name, that’s why I went by Janelle because there was already a Jam)
- Days Under the Sun
- Fashion Blogger Carma
- Creative Dork (idol)
Off the Record: But damn, my left eye hurt from the contact lens I wore. During the camp, my irritated eye was bothering me. There was even a talk that I stayed in the washroom trying to not poke my eye as I fix my contacts.
I think I’m not going to wear contacts for awhile. This teaches me a lesson that I should be just proud of my black eye (I mean black pupils… not black eye as in bruise)
That’s it for my post. The Cebu Blog Camp 2011 is a success and a very great experience for me, a noob blogger. I hope to join the third Cebu Blog Camp which is set on May 26, 2012. I’m surely going to attend the next camp, that is if 2012 isn’t the end of the world.