- established two blogs and kept them active
- had my first DSLR
- self-studied photography by watching online tutorials and reading Digital Photography School
- learned to play Defense of the Ancient (DotA), but never really became good at it. hehehe.
- conducted 5 Photoshoots and saw how much I improved as I progressed
- visited Bohol
- Attended the Cebu Blog Camp 2011
- Toured University of San Carlos and had all of my first year Med Tech credited for my shifting to Architecture
- Outing with friends in Coco Palms
- Outing with Friends in Papa Kit’s
- documented for YMA 5’s KAC (Kool Adventure Camp)
- read three books (WAAAH! Just three in two months? My sister who’s not a bookworm like me had read the Princess Diaries series: ten of them! Whereas me? Just three?)
- learned new photoshop techniques (adjusting levels and Dragan effect)
- Got a bit better in putting on make up (did my sister’s make up for her recital)
- watched two ANTM (America’s Top Next Model) seasons (14 and 15)
- attended two Shoebox Distributions
Unaccomplishments T.T(stuffs I should’ve done)
- did not learn how to drive. Before summer began, it was one of my goals.
- did not play tennis. I didn’t find a summer clinic. Playing tennis was also in my list of to-do’s and it’s now in my list of should-have-done’s.
- didn’t learn any musical instrument. When it comes to music, I’m such a loser. I have no special skill or talent when it comes to this field.
- bough color pencils before summer began but had not used it since I have drawn nothing but doodles. Incoming Architecture student, yet I have drawn none. Drawing was once my lifestyle (I drew everyday and was really good at it) and it’s sad that I have lost that in me. But I think my knack for drawing will come back this school year as I’ll be an Architecture student.
- not saved a penny.
- discontinued a daily routine of jogging. I used to jog everyday until I got sick. Then, I never returned.
- Missed an opportunity to attend the Cebu Young Leader’s Summit because I have made prior commitments to Cebu Blog C,amp, but I didn’t regret choosing CBC over CYLS.
- Missed 2 DYAB radio guestings for Young Minds Academy Promotions
- Haven’t gotten over ____
I think my summer’s productive when I think about all the things I’ve learned and things I’ve done. Well, I’m saying that because my summer had been dedicated to photography and blogging. I’ve even made a joke saying that I’m married to blogging but is having an affair with photography. I can say for myself that I’ve really improved in photography and have maximized my camera well by conducting photoshoots with friends , setting a mini-studio in my sister’s room for practice, self-learning online, knowing the basics and experimenting with whatever I learned and practicing until I think it’s perfect (though most of my shots are not).
But if I compare my 2010 summer to this, I’d say I was more productive a year ago (minus the photography part). Last year, I traveled to Hong Kong, went to far away places around Cebu courtesy of Young Minds Academy, volunteered for C-CIMPEL during the 2010 elections, participated in a Governance forum in informing the public about the President and VP candidates’ records and reinvented myself as a new and improved Jam. But my favorite memory of all last year was experiencing the bittersweetness of falling in-like/love with someone which I so lack this year.
I still have more summers to come. But note to self, next year I’ll be 19. 19 feels old… I even feel old at 18, though my life as an adult had just begun. Next year, I should live my summer to the fullest as it will be my last year as a teenager.